Here is how last week went down:
1. Monday: "I suck"; "Running on that toe shows more mental toughness than any other race I've done in the past"; "True, but I suck"; how about "my time sucks?, can we go with that?", "No, not yet", OK...
2. Tuesday: "Can we please NOT talk about my toe?"; "I am so happy I am not running this week"; "Running sucks"; "Swimming sucks, I am sinking today"; "Man, I am not even sore, that's so pathetic".
3. Wednesday: "I am so tired"; "I love swimming"; "It's really all about triathlons"; "F marathons!"; "F marathons after I get the 3:15!; which marathon???" " Why did I wake up with this pain in my foot" "Stress fracture, that would be lovely, no running for 6 weeks"
4. Thursday: "Foot still hurts" "I really don't want a stress fracture"; "I am not even telling people at work about my toe, I really don't want to talk about it"; "I love biking"
5. Friday: " Lots of October marathons, but how about my half ironman?"; "The truth is that if I had gotten the 3:20, I would have still felt like I wanted to run an even faster marathon in the fall. I need to remember that I absolutely love to train!
6. Saturday: "30+ mile bike ride; man I love this". "Foot is not hurting". "I miss running, a little". "I want to do some trail running this summer. I miss long runs in the woods without a watch. I miss my trail running friends".
7. Sunday: " Maybe I can run a little tomorrow?" "I really don't need to make any decisions now".
(Thank you, thank you, thank you "infinite+1" as my son says, for all your support!!!!)
Building a clock
7 months ago