Petru busted into the house on Wednesday afternoon with a package in his little hands, screaming "I got a present". Hm, it was not for him, it was for ME, my lovely giveaway from Aimee (I tri to be me). I like getting packages. Love it. The waiting, the anticipation, the opening, beats any shopping done in the store...
Aimee sent me some of her favorite running things (thank you!). Coincidentaly, most of them are also my favorite things: the Nuun, the shot blocks, the laces. I've never tried Hammer Gel but heard the Apple spice is the best. The hook is really gorgeous, and the running sticker is already on my fridge. Here they are all, thank you Aimee.
But what I love most? The CD.Aimee made a CD with her favorite fast paced running songs. Petru and I listened to it this afternoon, had a dance session, and gave it two thumbs up. Then he got the remote control and played his favorites (So What, by Pink; I've got a feeling, by Black Eyed Peas, and Say Hey by Michael Franti) over and over and over. I had to hide the CD from him, bc this is MY running music. Sorry, kid:)
Speaking of the CD. Aimee had the great idea of calling it the "traveling CD". What this means is that I can send it to one of you after I put it on my ipod, and you can do the same, keep the music going, or giving, or something like this. Fun, no?
So let me know in the comments if you'd like the CD. And in the spirit of the holidays, I'll add a few of my favorite running things, too, not sure which, it will be a surprise:) If there are many takers, I'll have Petru draw a number:) No need to "follow" me on any social media device, no extra entries bc you are fast or cute. Sorry:) I'll keep this going until December 6th.
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Time with family can be fun, but also a bit intense. Take some time to chill:)
Here are the items that will accompany the CD:
1. Nuun Lemon Lime - it is my favorite flavor!
2. Recovery E21 organic, full spectrum electrolytes - these contain a full spectrum of trace elements and minerals needed for rapid absorption and utilization to help maintain the hydration balance (e.g. prevent over-hydration and dehydration). They also help with delayed soreness and cramping. I used them in my last marathon and had minimal to no post race soreness.
3. Roctane GU, pineapple - my favorite GU flavor.
4. Dr. Hauschka Ouch! Aid Arnica Compress - takes the ouch out, at least temporarily.
5. Run with it illuminate band (reflective slap band) - I put these around my arms or around my legs when I bike/run early morning or late afternoon.
Building a clock
8 months ago