Friday, May 28, 2010

Tagged

Aron tagged me for the versatile blogger award. I feel, well, honored and , of course, versatile! Thanks Aron. This means I need to write 7 random things about myself.

Here we go:
1. I was an avid hiker before becoming a runner. I took my first real hike with my dad and my brother at age 6. We hiked in the Carpathians in Romania. We left from the closest rural community, and walked to the bottom of the mountain. We hiked all day until we got to a cabin, where we spent the night. We made a fire and ate fatty ham that was dripping on the bread. We hiked for 3 days before coming back home. When I was a teenager I would hike with a group of friends (10-15), and we would sleep outside by the fire, taking turns staying up to watch for animals. Those are some of my best memories. These type of trips were typical in Romania. Certainly a different lifestyle!

2. I first come to US on a 3 months summer internship to study genetics. When I got back home, I knew I wanted to live in the US.

3. In highschool I was seriously in love with a 40 year older than me actor. I would go see his play every.single. evening. It was one that he created/directed, based on Walt Whitman's "Song of myself", with music by The Who, Led Zepellin, and Beatles. Oh my!

4. I am absolutely in love with my husband. Seriously. I think he gets better and better looking as he ages. I even like the things that annoy me about him.

5. I'd take an icecream any day over alcohol.

6. I would love to go on "Survivor".

7. I hate shopping, unless it is for running/tri clothes. I do 90% of my shopping on line.

OK, now I need to tag 15 people. How about the first 15 people who comment?

17 comments:

ShutUpandRun said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You would do GREAT on Survivor.

Oh, guess I am tagged.

Michelle Simmons said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing! You probably would be great on Survivor. I would not. I need my sleep. ;)

Jill said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, I could totally see you on Survivor, and I'm certain you'd win!! :) Um, tagged???? Not sure I know 7 things about me. ;)

btw, I think that's so cool you knew you wanted to move here...how did you pick Boston?

AM! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yeah...you are SO survivor material! do it, do it!!!

Teamarcia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'd pick ice cream anyday as well. Or a big cookie.

Ginny M said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Survivor -- go for it! Hmmm... ice cream vs. alcohol??? Depends on the day!

kristen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've totally looked into Survivor. It's a HUGE process. I looked at the application and I was like, whoah. I don't know what I expected? I would love to do it too. Although I know I would be one of the first to go....no food....no sleep. No way I could have a good social game without either one of those.

X-Country2 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You'd kickass on Survivor!

Tricia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow, I am super jealous of all the places you have hiked!

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love you list! I can totally see you kicking some big time butt on Survivor:)

mjcaron said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
mjcaron said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would be totally jelous if you got on Survivor because I applied twice already and did not get picked :((( it's my favorite show. But after I got over being jelous I would be your biggest fan!

too many spelling errors in my last comment so I had to redo :)

Petraruns said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha that makes me number 14! I will tag myself.

Love your random facts - ice cream over alcohol? Not sure I agree but you have the ice cream and I'll have a glass of wine - there will be plenty to talk about.

Petraruns said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha that makes me number 14! I will tag myself.

Love your random facts - ice cream over alcohol? Not sure I agree but you have the ice cream and I'll have a glass of wine - there will be plenty to talk about.

Lindsay said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i guess i just sneak into 15th place since petra's commented posted twice? :)

like everyone else, i would love to see you kick butt on survivor!! start applying, or whatever it is you have to do :) very fun facts.

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ice cream over alcohol...definitely! Survivor? You'd be awesome I'm sure, but I don't think I'd like to do it. I've never really watched, but the two or three episodes I've seen seem like too much drama for me. I like the quiet life.

Aron said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ice cream AND alcohol :) haha... YUM i love ice cream. yay thanks for playing along, i always love learning new things about my fav bloggers!