(although some family members might refute the title of this post).
1. I swim and bike a lot.
2. I work on my free style stroke. I might have mentioned my water phobia here on this blog. It stems from a childhood incident where I was thrown in the water. I stayed away until 2 summers ago when I taught myself breast stroke and side stroke. This summer I started to teach myself free style. I think I finally got the hang of it which means that if I keep at it, I may actually become competitive in the triathlons. All this Kona fever makes me want to hang out with the cool kids. Of course, I have to "grow up" first.....give me a few years.
3. I drive the marathon course and take a video. I did this early early in the am, with my husband, who has a mild traffic/driving to new places phobia. It was fun.....
4. I eat. I typically lose my appetite during taper, but this time I am hungry all the time. What's up with that. Good thing I never weigh myself (or bad thing...).
5. I play lighthouse monopoly with my son. He always wins. That's good parenting!
6. I play boggle and quidler with my husband. And win. Despite the fact that English is my second language and my husband majored in English at Vassar. Go me!
7. I picture myself running strong, even though during my last tempo run (6 with 3X7:01) my R ITB (I think) was screaming. I am all about denial.
8. I massage and ice my ITB constantly - proof is the ice freeze mark on my knee, and the fact that the entire R side of my R leg is sore.
9. I breath a lot.
10. I think about my marathon to do list, but really don't do anything off of it (like picking outfit, getting some vanilla GU, writing my race plan, making my playlist, etc).
11. I try to figure out how to leave early from my father in law's 70's surprise birthday, which happens to be the day before the marathon. Also related, I try to figure out how not to eat all the sugary and fatty foods that will be served there (because that would mean making best friends with the porta potties the next day) without appearing rude.
12. I work a lot.
13. I think too much. Always dangerous.
14. I talk too much, and too fast. I have WAY too much energy. Poor Chris - between me and Petru, the man needs to buy ear plugs!
15. I sleep a lot.
Building a clock
7 months ago