My living room table is cluttered with 2 piles of books, one pile for work, and one pile for training. It drives Chris crazy, but I need easy access to those books.
Recent training reads/rereads:
1. Workouts in a binder for indoor cycling by Dirk Friel (not to be confused with Joel Friel). This little book is awesome. It has endurance, speed, force, power, form workouts and it also gives schedule ideas for base training. I've done a few workouts so far and I love them!
2. Run faster from 5K to marathon by Hudson and Fitzgerald. This is my running bible. I read it and then I read it some more. I have learned a ton about my running from this book.
3. Total immersion by Terry Laughlin. My swimming bible. I think I am developing a bit of a feel for the water, and an awareness of my stroke and my body because of this book.
4. Training plans for multisport athletes by Gale Bernhard. This book has some pretty good info on training periodization and how to create your own training plan.
5. Championship training by Dalam and Jonas. V good book with plans that are easily molded based on individual strength/weaknesses.
Are you reading anything run/bike/swim related that is good?
Training continues to be good. I am actually following a training plan for my HM in February. On Saturday I managed to run 12 miles with 8 @ MP and last 4 @HM. HM felt very hard, but the terrain was hilly, and it was windy and very cold. Still, I wanted to bottle the postrun feeling. I could have used a sip of that yesterday when I showed my MIL a pic of Petru on my i-phone and she started scrolling until she got to a naked picture of me. Lets just say it was a bit embarrassing but my MIL is pretty cool and honestly I think she was nervous that the next picture would be a naked Chris, so she immediately handed me back the I-phone saying "Looking good, AM". Chris was in tears laughing. Yes, no more naked pictures on my i-phone. Otherwise, Thanksgiving was lovely and uneventful. As I mentioned before, I am not a big fan of the traditional food - I can't stand stuffing, for ex. - but I loved cooking with my MIL and with Chris, and spending a ton of time with Petru. Hope you had a good one, too! And be careful of what you store on that I-phone.
Don't miss out on the chance to received "the travelling CD" and a few of my favorite running things giveaway.
Building a clock
7 months ago